BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Fall is here and so are the baked goods! While pumpkin usually takes center stage during the cozy season, maple needs a moment too.
This month, Gillian is making brown sugar maple glaze cookies on Baking News!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups flour (487g)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- Brown Sugar
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 and lay out cream cheese and butter to soften.
- Start with creaming together butter and brown sugar for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla until just combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- On a plate, sprinkle extra brown sugar. Roll the dough into one-inch balls and roll it around in the extra brown sugar.
- Place dough ball on a cookie sheet and press down with a cup so they are slightly flattened.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- While cooling, make the glaze by adding powdered sugar, extract, syrup, and cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beating.
- Drizzle each cookie with the glaze and enjoy!
Copyright 2023 WBRC. All rights reserved.