- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (colors of choice)
- 1 cup black beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese*
- 1-2 cups cooked, cooled, shredded chicken
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, bell peppers, black beans, corn, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bell peppers and onions of softened. Turn off heat and stir in the cilantro.
2. In a clean skillet over medium heat, add a flour tortilla. Top with cheese, cooked veggies mixture, cooked chicken, and another layer of cheese. Place another tortilla on top and cook, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Slice and serve with sour-cream cilantro sauce.
For the cheese: You have many options. You can use shredded mozzarella, a Mexican blend, pepper jack, Monterey jack, cheddar, or your favorite melting cheese.
Optional add-ins: cooked carne asada steak, grilled shrimp, avocado, tomatoes, mushrooms.